Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Desktop Support Specialist I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 288 - End User Services
Requisition Number: 14-1672538
The Desktop Support Specialist I evaluates business problems identifies and specifies the applications and/or systems requirements, evaluates vendor packages in relation to needs and implements required software and hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Consults with business area management and staff on usage of end user computing systems and network-based PC/workstation software and hardware, systems security, recovery and back-up procedures, including troubleshooting, repairs, network configurations, installations and upgrades.
2. Manage, support, and troubleshoot network printers, scanners, mobile devices, etc.
3. Move, add and change workstations throughout Mount Sinai locations and off campus.
4. Provide support for Mount Sinai users at remote sites outside the campus which might require local travel.
5. Evaluates business problems and recommends vendor packages to meets user needs, and implements required software.
6. Participates in the evaluation of new end user computing packages, including remote connectivity products, and equipment, implements and tests prototypes, applies installation quality assurance tests and ensures consistency with standards.
7. Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns and consults more technically experienced Desktop Support Specialists when necessary.
8. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Two years experience in programming and analysis and in end user computing and network-based PC/workstation applications, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Intermediate skill level and knowledge of Windows 7 Operating System, network infrastructure (TCP/IP, DNS,WINS) and application software including MS Office Suite. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Requires a broad knowledge of end user computing and network-based PC/workstation systems and hardware, client functions and applications, good consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT management and staff.
Level of Physical Activity Required: Moderate
Requires preparation of computer equipment for small and large projects which involves
Lifting, unboxing and relocating various computer equipment. (PC's, printers, monitors)
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.