Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Desktop Support Specialist I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 876 - Levy Library
Requisition Number: 14-1607658
The Desktop Support Specialist I is responsible for day-to-day support and troubleshooting of desktop hardware, OS, software, and printer issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Configure and setup PCs using established work processes
* Configure and setup Macs using established work processes
* High level of responsibility and ability to work within a team and independently
* Receive requests from help desk and provide second level support
* Manage, support, and troubleshoot network printers
* Support users with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
* Troubleshoot, install, and configure hard drives, optical drives, video cards, printers, network cards, wireless devices, etc
* Ability to lift and move various IT equipment (PC's, printers, and monitors)
Minimum Position Requirements:
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Must have excellent troubleshooting skills with Hardware and software
* Extensive experience with HP laser printer break-fix
* Familiarity with TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
* A self-starter able to work alone and as a member of a team
Bachelor of Science degree and MCSE preferred
Two years experience in programming and analysis and in end user computing and network-based PC/workstation applications, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Requires a broad knowledge of end user computing and network-based PC/workstation systems and hardware, client functions and applications, good consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT management and staff.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
EOE Minorities/Women/ Disabled/Veterans
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.