Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Data Coordinator I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 860 - Radiology
Requisition Number: 14-1664074
The Data Coordinator, reviews, cleans and audits the data so that the appropriate data can be shared. The Data Coordinator extracts data and generates basic and moderately complex reports as required. The Data Coordinator ensures the accuracy of the data and acts as a resource to all users of the database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collects data and generates basic and moderately complex reports as required, including internal reporting as requested by management. May prepare reports for regulatory agencies or accrediting agencies. Reports are submitted timely and accurately according to current standards and regulations.
2. Reviews and audits database on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of data. Makes corrections and additions to database records as required.
3. Recommends solutions for any data management issues.
4. Assists in training of staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system. Acts as a resource to all database users in order to assure consistency and accuracy of data.
5. Assists staff with technical issues related to the database.
6. Uses knowledge of the database to extract data and generate required reports and queries for statistical analyses in varying formats as requested.
7. Updates database as required and acts as a liaison with IT with any more complex technical issues or software updates.
8. May oversee data entry staff to ensure data accuracy.
9. May access data in the Data Warehouse.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics and/or related field preferred, or equivalent education and experience
No experience required. One year of database application management experience preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.