Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Audio Visual Associate
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 891 - Med Center Overhead
Requisition Number: 14-1671454
The Audio-Video Associate will be responsible for ensuring all mitral valve surgical cases are video recorded and stored properly. This incumbent will be required to be in the OR every day to ensure that every case is recorded and that the camera has a good view into the heart. They will be responsible for transferring the video from the OR recorder to a storage server and ensuring proper backups and archives are created.
The Audio-Video Associate will assist in operating the Mitral Foundation Center and will be responsible for assisting with all of the Mitral Foundation's audio-visual and information technology needs. Incumbent will help with all meetings in the Center and will support presenters use of PowerPoint. They will be required to help video record events in the Center and perform post-production.
Will provide cross-coverage of Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery's Technology Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
(in order of importance and/or frequency)
1. Ensure all mitral valve operations are video recorded in the OR.
2. Transfer surgical video to storage server.
3. Assist clinical and research staff to edit surgical video.
4. Assist with PowerPoint presentations.
5. Assist in organizing all the information technology and audio-video requirements for live webinars and webcasts and for archiving all events for future visitors to the websites.
6. Working knowledge of computers, networking and information technology is required as they will be responsible to assist and provide cross-coverage of the Department's Technology Specialist.
7. Assist with the set-up and production of live events, conferences, and on-going programs.
8. Insuring all meeting space and materials are in place and pristine (audio-video, chairs, food, temperature, meeting support materials, etc).
9. Reset Mitral Foundation Center following meetings.
10. Continually observe and review Mitral Foundation Center for issues and correct or escalate (lights, cleanliness, appearance of space, etc)
11. Assist with identifying special needs of programs and support as available.
12. Assist with equipment repair and preventive maintenance.
13. Trouble shoot audio-video issues.
14. Some travel may be required to assist with off-site events.
15. Other duties as requested or required.
Interacts with all departments, support staff, vendors, and visitors.
(HS/GED; specialized training; degree and discipline)
Bachelors' degree in Sciences
Minimum Related Experience
(e.g. 1 year in research environment)
2 years working with audio-visual equipment and information technology.
Minimum Computer Skills
(provide program and skill level, e.g. MS Word - Basic) (skill levels are Basic, Intermediate, Advanced)
Microsoft Windows - Intermediate
Microsoft PowerPoint - Advanced
Macintosh OS - Basic
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.