Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Applications Analyst II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Requisition Number: 14-1654560
The Applications Analyst II designs and specifies information systems solutions to address business needs and the methods for installing them.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Works with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
2. Formulates logical statements of business, scientific and/or engineering requirements.
3. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
4. Works with development, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development and installation processes.
5. Designs a detailed systems testing plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
6. May give some direction and guidance to other Application Analysts.
7. Prepares charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing, if necessary, various business, scientific and/or engineering mathematical techniques.
8. Analyzes existing system logic difficulties and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary.
9. May assist in the supervision and preparation of logic flow charting.
10. May act as a project leader.
11. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Requires broad knowledge of the client area's functions and applications, and an in-depth knowledge of system and technology alternatives, excellent communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.