Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
APPLICATIONS ANALYST II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 264 - Joint Marketing
Requisition Number: 13-1595322
The LIS Project Coordinator I assists in the planning and implementation as a member of a project team to accomplish the objectives of a project with limited, local objectives. Coordinates schedules and assigns project tasks. Maintains working relationships with client functional areas outside of Laboratory. Coordinates reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. With client management defines the objectives to be accomplished by the project team.
2. Directs systems analysts, software designers and programmers to determine the best methods to achieve the projects objectives.
3. Executes and guides project operations through the use of systems development and project management methodologies accepted by the industry.
4. Evaluates and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects.
5. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support.
6. Maintain project calendars and modifies schedules as required.
7. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support.
8. Uses appropriate systems development methodologies to structure and organize the tasks to be completed by the team and develops the project plan.
9. Monitors and reports project status using established metrics against the plan.
10. Reviews the team's work products, and participates in staff performance evaluations.
11. Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT.
12. Performs additional duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Two years of related experience as a project team member of which at least one year has been in a leadership position or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
Requires strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.