Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Applications Analyst II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 264 - Joint Marketing
Requisition Number: 13-1595268
Performs application installation, database building, testing, validation, maintenance, support and trouble shooting of assigned systems. Participates in the development of application functionality and report development per client requirements..
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs advanced analysis of clinical data workflow requirements, leading to the building and testing of setups/database in the SCC Laboratory Information System (LIS).
2. Serve as LIS subject matter expert, working with the various Clinical Laboratory Departments to ensure that the LIS is providing expected efficiencies in clinical information workflow through automation.
3. Interacts effectively and professionally with other hospital departments and Information Technology teams as needed for any issues and ongoing projects.
4. Writes and maintains thorough documentation of LIS support work and change management per SOP.
5. Troubleshooting as necessary in support of the clinical departments and other application users in the organization.
6. Participates in daily maintenance functions for the LIS.
7. Participates in a 24-hour on-call rotation.
8. Assist LIS Director for enhancements and upgrades of the current LIS as necessary to meet the needs of the Laboratory.
9. Perform LIS related tasks as assigned by the Laboratory Medical Director, Administrative Director and LIS Director.
10. Participate in required continuous training and education initiatives, including remaining current with Information Technology trends.
11. Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in Health Science related field.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Work experience in hospital setting, preferably a technical role within Clinical Laboratories.
Work experience with maintaining and supporting Laboratory Information Systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT(S) / DEMAND(S)
Expect extended periods of time working at a computer terminal.
May need to work weekends and nights depending on projects as needed.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.