Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
APPLICATIONS ANALYST II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 264 - Joint Marketing
Requisition Number: 13-1595262
Performs interface installation support, including interface table building, testing, maintenance, validation and trouble shooting of both internal and external interface systems. Specialist also participates in the interface requirements development per interface design specifications utilizing HL7 standard transactions as part of various projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs in depth analysis and standard documentation of data workflow requirements, leading to the building, testing and validation of interface projects for the SCC Laboratory Information System (LIS).
2. Working with the various Clinical and Information Technology teams to ensure that the interfaces are providing expected efficiencies in information workflow through automation.
3. Serve as LIS integration subject matter expert, working with the various internal and external client systems to ensure that the LIS interfaces are providing expected efficiencies in clinical information workflow through automation.
4. Interacts effectively and professionally with other hospital departments and Information Technology teams as needed for any issues and ongoing projects.
5. Troubleshooting as necessary in support of the interfaces and other integrated applications both inside and outside the organization.
6. Writes and maintains thorough documentation of LIS interface support work and change management per SOP.
7. Performs daily maintenance functions for the LIS.
8. Participates in the 24-hour on-call rotations.
9. Assist LIS Director for enhancements and upgrades of the current LIS as necessary to meet the needs of the Laboratory.
10. Perform tasks as assigned by the Laboratory Medical Director, Administrative Director, and LIS Director.
11. Participate in required continuous training and education, including being current with Information Technology.
12. Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences related field.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Work experience in hospital setting, preferably with the Clinical Laboratory.
Working experience with HL7 interface standards
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT(S) / DEMAND(S)
Expect extended periods of time working at a computer terminal.
May need to work weekends and nights depending on projects as needed.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.