Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Revenue Cycle Specialist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 518 - Credit
Requisition Number: 14-1608474
Responsible for reviewing and maintaining CDM, ensuring all data elements are accurate and comply with all payors requirements. Provides education regarding documentation requirements to improve coding quality and ensure accurate and complete capture of maximum revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain CDM (Charge Description Master) and/or other pertinent regulations and policies, ensuring all data elements are accurate and comply with all payor and regulatory requirements.
2. Review and interpret various regulatory billing and coding updates, to remain compliant and accurate to minimize misbillings.
3. Resolve issues that arise from information submitted and revenue cycle issues.
4. Provide validation reviews, audits, documentation and training for the area of knowledge, sharing information with Finance, Medical Records and other revenue producing areas or departments.
5. Provides training and mentorship to specific revenue producing departments.
6. Other duties as required.
Associates Degree. Bachelor's degree preferred. Coding certificate/licensure preferred.
Understanding of CPTs, HCPCS, APCs, DRGs and OPPS required.
Must have strong understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and third party payor rules and regulations and thorough knowledge of UB-92 data element requirements.
Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be able to work independently and on a team.
2 years of experience in medical practice/outpatient coding and /or medical practice business office or patient accounts experience is preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.