Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 067 - FPA Finance
Requisition Number: 13-1590384
The Financial Manager I has oversight of all financial and related activities for a large and complex institute, department, center or unit. Manages departmental financial office; performs analyses to identify revenue collection problems and other trends.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for overall management and delivery of the business plans, financial analysis and revenue cycle and creation of reports as requested.
2. Ensures that the day-to-day financial operations of the department, including payroll, month-end reporting, accounts payable activities are handled.
3. Prepares salary and supply budgets and monitors accounts payable and receivable.
4. Compiles productivity, compliance and profit/loss reports.
5. Analyzes revenues to identify collection problems, billing issues and other trends.
6. Reviews all departmental accounts as applicable.
7. Reviews processes and makes recommendations to implement effective changes in procedures and policies.
8. Oversees and manage support staff.
9. Approves all travel, check and purchase order requests; initiates Human Resources transactions and follows up.
10. Assists with special projects and provides analytical support.
11. Performs other related duties
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
Minimum of at least 3 years of supervisory experience
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.