Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 829 - Dermatology
Requisition Number: 14-1661232
Verifies insurance benefits for patients, determines patient liability and coordinates payment of uncovered medical expenses. Assists patients with insurance and payment issues and resolves problems as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Obtains and verifies patients' insurance benefit information from insurance companies or private payers regarding coverage for services.
2. Obtains all necessary payer authorizations and acquires all required referrals for services to be provided.
3. Negotiates modifies rates with carriers.
4. Communicates and informs patients of any potential patient out-of-pocket liability, and works out payment plans as necessary. May provides resources to bridge the gap between insurance coverage and patients' liability if necessary.
5. Assists patients with questions or problems regarding insurance coverage and other financial matters.
6. Assists in the resolution of any patient billing issues.
7. Confirms patients' coverage information previously obtained from insurance companies or private payers to ensure accuracy and that there has been no change in coverage since initial confirmation.
8. Maintains and completes all insurance assessment forms and agreements and ensures they are accurate for claims processing.
9. Performs other related duties.
Associate degree in related field; BachelorA¢s preferred
3 years medical insurance experience including medical office administration, benefit verification
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.