Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
FINANCIAL ANALYST I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 135 - Radiation Oncology
Requisition Number: 14-1612872
Analyzes operational and financial practices and assists in the development of new systems or business processes. Participates in revenue cycle activity to achieve desired financial and operational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Runs queries/reports and prepares analysis as required. Prepares trending and analysis reports and identifies problem areas.
2. Reconciles electronic payments with electronic remit payments for multiple or single groups. Works suspense ERA file(s) Tracks reconciliation logs for processing.
3. Monitors revenue cycle activity and assists in the development of systems and policies to efficiently maximize revenue capture/reimbursement.
4. Prepares reports and presentations for leadership as requested.
5. Reviews and monitors accounts receivable, collections, rejections, edits and/or other key data for assigned departments.
6. Reviews underpayments for assigned departments; prepares reports and presentations.
7. Gathers and analyzes data to assist in budget development.
8. May assist in the development of training materials to aid in the implementation of new programs and policies necessary to achieve desired operational and financial goals.
9. Reviews and identifies system enhancement opportunities.
10. May be responsible for departmental payroll, including tracking of time and reporting.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, health care or a related discipline. MasterA¢s preferred.
3 years healthcare/systems/finance experience Knowledge of billing and financial software
Ability to graph findings
Excellent written and oral communication
Math, business analysis, problem-solving skills are essential.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.