Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 831 - Medicine Administrat
Requisition Number: 13-1574052
Oversight of all financial and related activities for the department or unit. Manages departmental financial office; performs analyses to identify revenue collection problems and other trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financial analysis and creation of reports as requested by the Director of Finance, department administrator or chairman as applicable.
2. Develops business plans for new academic hires, if applicable to department and position.
3. Prepares salary and supply budgets and monitors accounts payable and receivable.
4. Compiles productivity, compliance and profit/loss reports.
5. Analyzes revenues to identify collection problems, billing issues and other trends.
6. Reviews all departmental accounts as applicable.
7. Ensures all grant and IRB submission deadlines are met.
8. Oversees Administrator Assistants, Coordinators, Financial Specialists and other support staff depending on department.
9. Approves all travel, check and purchase order requests; initiates Human Resources transactions and follows up.
10. Assists with special projects and provides analytical support as designated by the Chairman, Director or Administrator of the department.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
Certified Public Account (CPA) - American Institute of Certified Public Accountants preferred
7 years experience in accounting or financial with 3 years in a supervisory/management role
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated knowledge in accounting, internal controls, financial systems and transaction processing
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.