Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Data Analyst II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 520 - Patient Account Mgmt
Requisition Number: 14-1633594
The Data Analyst II oversees activities related to data integrity, security and enhancement of the value of data. The Data Analyst II may direct the movement of data across multiple systems; oversee its validation and organization and make sure that data is available to appropriate people and systems within an organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Use modeling techniques and tools in analyzing and specifying data structure.
2. Implements the best practices in data management to ensure the integrity of the data, the quality of data processes and deliver analyzable or analyzed data to a variety of internal and external clients of the Medical Center.
3. Maintains data integrity and supports data analysis as necessary.
4. Make recommendations and assist in data capture, data extraction and analysis.
5. Develop, maintain or implement procedures for data entry, data cleaning, documentation and other administrative tasks.
6. Document, implement, maintain or recommend operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection, database editing procedures.
7. May define parameters for file or space utilization.
8. Work closely with IT management and staff.
9. May access data in the Data Warehouse, as required.
10. Assists faculty and staff with queries, statistical analyses, reports and technical difficulties related to data retrieval.
11. Designs and writes custom applications needed to ensure the database meets requirements for the entry, management and reporting of data.
12. May oversee data entry staff and other less experienced Data Coordinators/Analysts.
13. Identifies and recommends solutions to data management issues.
14. Trains staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system.
15. Maintains knowledge of the current regulations and technologies related to data management.
16. May write and prepare manuscripts and other materials for internal and external audiences.
17. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/work experience. Master's degree in relevant field of study preferred
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent conceptualization, design and analytical skills
3 years database application/management experience, preferably in a large medical center or healthcare environment.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.