Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 821 - Cardiology
Requisition Number: 14-1605072
The Cardiology Department is seeking a Certified Professional Coder that has exclusive experience with cardiology outpatient and inpatient coding.
Responsible for billing and collection activities including entry of charges for services, resolution of claim edits and reconciliation of transactions entered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Posts moderate to complex charges for services; reviews encounter forms for accuracy; ensures correct data entry of codes; ensures charges are entered/processed in accordance with required targets.
2. Performs batch reconciliation of all charges entered.
3. Works and corrects moderate to complex system edits related to charge entry as assigned
4. Coordinates with practice personnel to resolve registration issues.
5. Identifies and reports error trends in edit reports.
6. Reviews accuracy of billing documents and resolves issues and inconsistencies.
7. Maintains supporting documentation in accordance with departmental policies.
8. Maintains and updates tracking logs as required.
9. May post charge corrections and perform reconciliations.
10. Code Cardiology Procedures (Catherization's, Electrophysiology, Echocardiogram's, Nuclear Stress, Holter's, etc.)
Associates degree or HS Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience.
Candidate should have 2-3 years of experience in a medical practice, or outpatient coding (Cardiology setting preferred) Medical practice business office or patient accounts experience a plus. Certified Professional Coder (CPC) required.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.