Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Billing Coordinator-senior Charge Entry
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 821 - Cardiology
Requisition Number: 14-1605072
Responsible for billing and collection activities including entry of charges for services, resolution of claim edits and reconciliation of transactions entered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Posts moderate to complex charges for services; reviews encounter forms for accuracy; ensures correct data entry of codes; ensures charges are entered/processed in accordance with required targets.
2. Performs batch reconciliation of all charges entered.
3. Works and corrects moderate to complex system edits related to charge entry as assigned
4. Coordinates with practice personnel to resolve registration issues.
5. Identifies and reports error trends in edit reports.
6. Reviews accuracy of billing documents and resolves issues and inconsistencies.
7. Maintains supporting documentation in accordance with departmental policies.
8. Maintains and updates tracking logs as required.
9. May post charge corrections and perform reconciliations.
10. Mentors less experienced staff and may assist Billing Manager with training of new employees.
11. Performs other related duties
High School diploma/GED
2 years experience in medical billing or health claims. Experience with IDX billing systems preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.