Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Billing Coordinator-payment Poster
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 062 - FPA Admin
Requisition Number: 14-1616138
Responsible for posting of line item insurance payments and patient payments into the billing system, posting of declines, charge corrections, and preparation of daily deposits and reconciliation/audit of posted transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews insurance Explanation of Benefits and posts payments to billing system.
2. Posts payments and ensures allowances, adjustments and write-offs are posted correctly.
3. May perform check payment reconciliations and complete deposit reports.
4. May reconcile electronic lockbox transactions
5. May reconcile electronic remittances (ERA) and EFT payments.
6. Posts declines and may process appeals
7. May investigate unidentified cash and resolve misdirected payments.
8. May process charge corrections and ensure balancing.
9. May process refunds for supervisory approval.
10. Performs other related duties.
Associates Degree or HS Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience.
3 years of health claims billing experience; prefer experience working with CPT and ICD9 coding and CCI edits
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.