Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 869 - Urology
Requisition Number: 13-1583620
The Billing Coordinator (Generalist) is responsible for multiple components of the billing process, including Accounts Receivable, Charge Entry, Edits and Payment Posting. Proficient in these processes to facilitate accurate and timely payment of claims and collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Verifies insurance and registration data for scheduled outpatient/inpatient encounters and scheduled surgeries; reviews encounter forms for accuracy. May be responsible for obtaining pre-certification for scheduled surgeries and admissions.
2. Enters office, inpatient, and/or outpatient charges with accurate data entry of codes. Ensures charges are entered/processed in accordance with policies and procedures.
3. May run and work missing charges, edits, denials list and process appeals. Posts denials in IDX on a timely basis.
4. Posts all payments in IDX using approved methodologies.
5. May perform specialty coding for services and medical office visits and review physician coding and provide updated to physicians and staff.
6. Works TES, BAR and eCommerce edits for the division, department and physicians.
7. Works daily Accounts Receivable accounts via online work file and/or hard-copy reports; checks claims status, re-submits claims, and writes appeal letters.
8. Researches unidentified checks sent to other departments.
9. Works credit balance report to ensure adherence to government regulations/guidelines.
10. Identifies billing issues for resolution; may provide recommendations.
11. Identifies and resolves credentialing issues for department physicians.
12. Meets with practice management or physicians on a scheduled basis to review Accounts Receivable and current billing concerns.
13. May be responsible to prepare and verify office hours schedules.
14. May be responsible for collection of time of service payments, and maintaining daily transaction record of collected payments.
15. May work Patient Keepr work queue for inpatient encounters.
16. May approve EPIC work queue for all outpatient encounters.
17. May prepare TOS deposits in Sinai Central.
18. Maintains working knowledge and currency in third party payor requirements.
Associates Degree or high school diploma/GED plus 2 years of relevant experience
2 years experience in medical billing or health claims, with experience in IDX billing systems in a health care or insurance environment, and familiarity with ICD/CPT coding
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.