Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Billing Coordinator-accounts Receivable
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 062 - FPA Admin
Requisition Number: 14-1616136
Responsible for ensuring unpaid and partially paid claims are resolved in an efficient and timely manner. Resolves EOB discrepancies and researches refunds. Monitors and ensures that collections, net, gross and days in accounts receivable targets are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Follows up on submitted claims, monitors unpaid claims and resubmits claims with appropriate corrections and documentation.
2. Works declines and processes appeals.
3. Responds to patient and third party inquiries; researches and resolves simple to moderately complex issues; corrects errors and refers complex issues to supervisor.
4. Reviews correspondence and rejection data from insurance carriers; posts rejections and performs reconciliations.
5. May transfer secondary balances to appropriate financial class and provides documentation for processing the claims.
6. Reviews Credit Letter Sent (CLS) and transfers balance to appropriate financial class and dunning level.
7. Reviews, works and clears electronic and claims edits daily; summarizes and forwards non-workable edits to supervisor for resolution.
8. May process refunds for supervisory approval.
9. Prepares and submits referring physician updates and other major dictionary requests to supervisor for approval.
10. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA and Federal Payor guidelines/regulations.
11. Performs other related duties
Associates Degree or HS Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience.
2 years healthcare billing experience required. Familiarity with CPT and ICD( coding and CCI edits.
Electronic claims processing preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.