Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 174 - Anatomic Pathology
Requisition Number: 14-1616604
1. Picks up specimens from physician offices when necessary (STAT calls from offices within walking distance of the institution)
2. Receives specimens from private physician offices delivered by couriers to the Atran 6th floor FPA laboratories.
3. Accessions such specimens into the Pathology LIS (Powerpath).
4. Maintains necessary records. Maintain integrity of specimen and accompanying documents.
5. Troubleshoots problem specimens, e.g., solve mismatches by contacting referring office.
6. Cleans workbenches and office - maintain records for inspections.
7.Performs any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
Minimum: High School/GED
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.