Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Phlebotomist - Mount Sinai Queens
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Hospital (Queens)
Department: Q360 - Laboratory
Requisition Number: MQ21696
Perform Veining and/or finger stick puncture in the laboratory and other areas of the hospital. Observe patients' privacy and courtesy at all times. Follow all protocols designated by the laboratory in regards to specimen collection/ drawing.
1. Carries department procedure with extreme care, accuracy, proficiency and efficacy.
2. STAT/ RAPID RESPONSE request for blood collection given at top priority and pre-established turn-around-time (TAT) are met all times.
3. Observe and adhere to protocol regarding patient safety by matching the patient's demographic information on the requisition slip or at least 2 identifiers which are: Patient's date of birth and patient's full name.
4. Ensure that samples are labeled at patient's bedside and preferably having the patient witness it.
5. Observe Patient dignity, privacy, and courtesy.
6. Continuing education: Participate in the departmental and hospital in-service education.
1. High School diploma
2. Attended a phlebotomy school and certified by a national certifying agency as a phlebotomist
Training and Experience:
1. Minimum of 1 year hospital experience as a phlebotomist
1. Must have knowledge of laboratory tests including collection preservation and requirements.
2. Knowledge and at least 6 months Laboratory Information System (LIS) experience
1. Prolong Standing, walking, lifting, bending, crouching, reaching, pushing.
2. Walking the Stairs
3. Use of Computer System, EMR
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.