Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem X -Ray Technologist - Mount Sinai Queens
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Hospital (Queens)
Department: Q340 - Radiology
Requisition Number: MQ21740
The Radiologic Technologist assists the Radiologist in diagnosis and treatment of patients while maintaining excellent imaging quality.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Radiologic technologists must follow physicians' orders precisely and conform to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves, their patients, and their coworkers from unnecessary exposure. 2. Help patients transfer to the detector or exam table and ensuring adequate patient immobilization to perform exam. 3. Verify proper patient identification on the study and route it to the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
4. Operate the equipment to acquire a variety of imaging results. 5. Monitor patient reaction to treatment and changes in physical or mental status, reporting change to the appropriate person.
6. Prepare and assist patients for radiologic procedures as requested by a physician.
7. Provide patient care with dignity and respect for the individual. Educate patients about the procedures to be performed. Obtain optimum quality images through employment of proper anatomical positioning, slice thickness, radiologic techniques and other required techniques in accordance with the protocols designed by the radiologists.
8. Observe and follow safety procedures to include radiation protection and universal precautions.
9. Carry out quality control checks on equipment, reporting deficiencies to proper personnel for action.
10. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and working area.
High School and a graduate from an accredited educational program that is approved by ARRT. Current Department Health Radiologic Technologist License
Extremely heavy physical effort (Lift carry 50lbs or more).
Prolonged and excessive standing and walking.
3. Lifts, positions, pushes and transfers patients and equipment
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.