Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem Reg Respiratory Therapist
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 182 - Adult Resp Therapy
Requisition Number: 14-1592494
Responsible for delivery of respiratory treatment to patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. Under the supervision of the treating physician, renders treatment, performs diagnostic tests, and reports any adverse reactions and other concerns. Ensures respiratory test equipment is in proper working order.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides respiratory care therapeutic to patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. Observes patient and reports any adverse treatment reactions to physician.
2. Ensures setup and proper working order of respiratory therapy equipment, including respirators, nebulizers, etc. Adjusts equipment and makes minor repairs within scope of competence and reports the need for intervention/repair as necessary. Cleans and sterilizes equipment.
3. Performs diagnostic tests under physician's supervision.
4. Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
5. Assists patient caregivers/family members in use and care of respiratory therapy equipment.
6. Participates in in-service and other training programs.
7. Other relevant duties as assigned.
Associates degree in an approved program in Respiratory Therapy, Bachelor's preferred.
RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist)
1. Must be able to operate highly technical equipment.
2. Must be able to work rapidly and accurately.
3. Physical stamina, good manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform within parameters of job responsibilities.
1 year minimum related experience.
1. NYS Respiratory Therapist
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.