Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem Physician Associate
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 845 - Orthopedics
Requisition Number: 14-1618394
Under the direct supervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. Provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical services, treating patients with physical ailments, which range from superficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consists primarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
2. Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
3. Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
4. Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
5. Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
6. Maintains accurate and complete patient records. Develops and implements patient management plans, records procedure and progress notes and discharge summaries, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
7. Maintains a safe and clean work environment by ensuring compliance with infection-control policies and protocols and other safety procedures and regulations.
8. Develops and provides education related to pre and post-operative evaluation and treatment plans.
9. Provide oversight of all surgical cases related to scheduling and medical clearance
10. Provides assistance to physicians during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
11. May prescribe medication
12. Performs other related duties
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
1. Physician Assistant
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.