Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Per Diem Offsite Phlebotomist
Full/Part Time: Per Diem
Department: C12 - Hewlett Laboratory
Requisition Number: 14-1607112
The position is responsible for the performing Phlebotomy functions consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. This position also must be able to navigate and enter data in EMR system and be responsible for overall tracking of blood results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform Phlebotomy on patients for required tests.
2. Create requisitions though EMR system, co-ordinate pick-ups with Lab.
3. Keeps track of results for specimens sent to lab and follows-up with lab to ensure timely response.
4. Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service delivery, scheduling and quality control.
5. Works with Lab to provide them with demographic, insurance information for patients whose specimens are processed by the lab.
6. Checks Coumadin level, gets current dose information from patient, reviews the results with provider, gets future dose instructions from the provider and communicates to patients.
7. Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization's goals and objectives.
8. Ensures compliance with department and organization policies & procedures.
9. Performs other related duties.
Medical Assistant experience in a Cardiology or Internal Medicine Practice or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Basic computer skills required to enter and print data in EMR system and navigate Internet.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent Patient care skills
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.