Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Offsite Echocardiography Specialist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Department: 955 - Broadway Cardio
Requisition Number: 14-1610828
Performs echocardiograms and exercise stress tests of a non-invasive nature. Maintains a high level of professional expertise to obtain consistent and accurate diagnostic information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1) Performs echocardiograms and exercise stress tests of a non-invasive nature in accordance with established practices and procedures.
2. 2) Provides expert assessment, evaluation and prepares preliminary interpretation for attending cardiologist's review. Applies knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and imaging techniques to optimize the quality of ultrasound images.
3. 3) Provides preliminary diagnostic evaluation and makes preliminary measurements and calculations on data obtained in doing echocardiograms. Notifies cardiologists of results of examinations.
4. 4) Consults with cardiologist to establish requirements for non-standard examinations and determines technical factors to satisfy requirements.
5. 5) Maintains day-to-day patient and study logs, equipment maintenance, data acquisition, and records statistical data (procedure volumes/interpretation volumes).
6. 6) Obtains/maintains and runs the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program in accordance with ICAEL (Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories) standards of accreditation.
7. 7) Manages quality assurance protocols in conjunction with ICAEL standards including managing correlation data for patients who have undergone transthoracic echocardiograms and other diagnostic procedures, such as cardiac catheterization and nuclear stress tests.
8. 8) Maintains records of cardiologist Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
9. 9) Reviews test results with physicians, and maintains appropriate documentation.
10. 10) Maintains echocardiographic equipment and scan rooms.
11. 11) Assists in maintenance of supply inventory and requests all necessary supplies for test area.
12. 12) Oversees nuclear stress tests to make sure proper technique/guidelines are followed.
13. 13) Performs other duties as required.
Associate's degree required from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Professionals (CAAHEP).
-RDCS Certification (Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer) issued by the ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) Required OR Certification from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
Exercise Test Technologist issued by the American College of Sports Medicine preferred
-Must maintain BLS (Basic Life Support) issued by the AHA (American Heart Association)
1 year of echocardiography experience preferred.
Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills are required.
The ability to relate testing knowledge and theory to ECHO procedures and equipment, and the ability to interpret results and isolate the most accurate readings is essential.
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.