Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 841 - Neurology
Requisition Number: 14-1635326
The EEG Specialist performs all EEG procedures and recordings independently or under supervision when requested by a physician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs all EEG procedures including procedures with patients who are awake, asleep, bedside and video EEGs.
2. Gathers patient's medical history, explains testing procedures in detail to the patient and/or family members present in order to alleviate any fear or anxiety. Prepares the patient for the procedure. Views chart for use of anticonvulsive medications and consults family or caregiver.
3. Monitors the patient's status during testing and notes any abnormalities, and reports findings to the patient's doctor for further analysis.
4. Adapts methods and instrumentation, to make patient feel calm and comfortable during testing to obtain optimal results, the best EEG findings, and an EEG record free of artifacts.
5. Removes residue from patient's scalp, dries and combs patient's hair.
6. Writes all clinical observations during seizures and other patient emergency situations.
7. Logs and records complete patient diagnoses, technician report, stamps records and places in reading room.
8. Ensures electrical safety of the patient at all times, performs maintenance and minor repairs of the equipment for use, and reports major problems to the supervisor.
9. Keeps EEG room clean and neat at all times, cleans equipment, and closes containers of paste after each use.
10. Participates in conferences, technical meetings and other educational activities when possible.
11. May order supplies and replenish inventory.
12. Performs other duties as required.
HS/GED required - Graduate of Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs preferred.
No prior experience required if a graduate of accredited program, 1 year experience preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.