Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 821 - Cardiology
Requisition Number: 13-1581468
Responsible for direction and management responsibility over the business and operational activities of a department (overall department management or a specific area within a department), or medical care unit.
1. Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs.
2. Oversees the daily operation of department, including creating and implementing production schedules, and/or tracking and reporting systems, managing work assignments and identifying and resolving issues.
3. Establishes goals and objectives for the department that are consistent with Mount Sinai Hospital or School of Medicines policies and federal, state and local regulations. This may include defining the scope of specific departmental projects, and analyzing requirements to execute those projects successfully.
4. Defines and documents procedures, identifies process and workflow changes for continuous improvement and implements best practices for greater efficiency. Provides process improvement assistance when needed, and evaluates and develops logical work flows where applicable.
5. Collaborates with department senior leadership and/ or Chairman to develop short term and long range plans. Also serves as primary point-of-contact for interdepartmental communications, where applicable, in order to maintain standards, implement improvements, define and measure progress and meet business objectives.
6. Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, appointments and promotions, placement and orientation of all faculty and/or staff.
7. Reviews and approves all reclassifications, new positions and salary increases. May direct and coordinate performance appraisals for faculty, professional staff and exempt/ non-exempt employees. Provides feedback on a regular basis. Identifies opportunities for continuing education and provides training. May design in house training materials and train employees when necessary.
8. Provides oversight to management staff to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees aware of changes and current standards.
9. Assures compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
10. May be responsible for developing annual training schedules, and creating multi-disciplinary training curriculum throughout the Medical Center, if applicable, and is also responsible for maintaining records pertaining to those training sessions.
11. May be responsible for creating, reviewing and/or updating policies and procedures pertaining to department specific goals and objectives.
12. Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to assure the completion of the annual budget and financial monitoring.
13. Assures the financial systems are in place to properly run the department. Ensures compliance with MSMC policies and procedures.
14. May implement quality assurance programs and oversees monitoring activities to meet standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Commission of Accreditation Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and New York State and City Department of Health.
15. May chair or participate in department committees.
16. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred
5 years of experience in health care finance or administration; experience in strategic planning and execution, formulating policy, building and developing financial plans, managing resources and leading successful teams
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.