Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Data Coordinator II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 136 - Bone Marrow Transplt
Requisition Number: 13-1551824
The Data Coordinator extracts data and generates highly complex reports as required. The Data Coordinator ensures the accuracy of the data and acts as a resource to all users of the database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collects data and generates highly complex reports as required, including internal reporting as requested by management. Prepares and submits reports to regulatory agencies or accrediting agencies. Reports are submitted timely and accurately according to current standards and regulations.
2. Assists in developing tools for data collection.
3. Maintains knowledge of the current regulations and technologies related to data management. Disseminates relevant information to all concerned parties.
4. Reviews and audits database on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of data. Makes corrections and additions to database records as required.
5. Implements solutions for any data management issues. May develop training tools and update procedure manuals.
6. Assist in the design or design basic databases, or custom applications to ensure the database meets the needs of all levels of staff.
7. Trains staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system. Acts as a resource to all database users in order to assure consistency and accuracy of data.
8. Assists staff with technical issues related to the database.
9. Uses in-depth knowledge of the database to extract data and generate required reports and queries for statistical analyses in varying formats as requested. Implements changes to reports as required by regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
10. Updates database as required and acts as a liaison with IT with any more complex technical issues or software updates.
11. Oversees data entry staff and other less experienced Data Coordinators.
12. May access data in the Data Warehouse.
13. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience/education required.
3 years of database experience required. (Master's and 1 year experience)
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.