Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Brooklyn Heights Radiologic Technologist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Brooklyn Heights
Department: B41 - B.H. Radiology
Requisition Number: 13-1599140
The Radiologic Technologist assists the Radiologist in diagnosis and treatment of patients while maintaining excellent imaging quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Radiologic technologists must follow physicians' orders precisely and conform to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves, their patients, and their coworkers from unnecessary exposure.
2. Prepare intravenous contrast media and Initiate IV access when necessary.
3. Help patients transfer to the detector or exam table and ensuring adequate patient immobilization to perform exam.
4. Verify proper paient identification on the study and route it PACS. Send required information to Virtual Radiologic when indicated.
5. Place demographic information in the readiing room for interpretation.
6. Maintains a daily log of patients seen.
7. Operate the equipment to aquire a variety of imaging results.
8. Obtains essential information from patients, medical records, and previous scans for clinical correlation.
9. Monitor patient reaction to treatment and changes in physical or mental status, reporting change to the appropiate person.
10. Prepare and assist patients for radiologic procedures as requested by a physician. Provide patient care with dignity and respect for the individual. Educate patients about the procedures to be performed including contrast material administration and its possible contraindications and adverse effects. Obtain optimum quality images through employment of proper anatomical positioning, slice thickness, radiologic techniques and other required techniques in accordance with the protocols designed by the radiologists.
11. Observe and follow safety procedures to include radiation protection and universal precautions.
12. Carry out quality control checks on equipment, reporting deficiencies to proper personnel for action.
13. Must be able to work independently and demonstrate flexibility in work assignments.
14. Demonstrate commitment of total quality management and the tenets of service excellence by acting in accordance with the organizational mission at all times.
15. Keep familiar with changes regarding technology and safety for self, patients, and visitors.
16. 16. Process studies onto CD or Film format for patient study requests while maintaining proper HIPPA compliance.
17. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and working area.
18. Practice sterile technique and prevent cross contamination.
19. Maintain familiarity of the emergency drugs and equipment's location.
20. Maintain familiarity with the departments booking, scheduling, duplication, and PACS systems.
21. Maintain familiarity with the departments booking, scheduling, duplication, and PACS systems.
22. Ability to maintain a great knowledge in human anatomy and cross section anatomy, proper positioning skills, and appropriate utilization of protocols and scanning techniques.
23. High knowledge with variety of routine procedures and applications.
24. Ability to maintain continuing eduaction credits and professional licenses required by the New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Environmental Protection and The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
25. Promote and follow Mount Sinai policies, rules, and regulations.
26. Execution of related duties as necessary or as assigned.
High School and a graduate from an accredited educational program that is approved by ARRT.
MAMMOGRAPHY Certification a MUST, CAT Scan certification a plus
Maintaining superior diagnostic imaging in accordance with standardized procedures. Excellent patient and people skills. Ability to maintain a great knowledge in human anatomy and cross section anatomy, proper positioning skills, and appropriate utilization of protocols and scanning techniques.
High knowledge with variety of routine procedures and applications.
Ability to maintain continuing eduaction credits and professional licenses required by the New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Environmental Protection and The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
1. Radiologic Technologist
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.