Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Brooklyn Heights Medical Assistant
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Brooklyn Heights
Requisition Number: 12-1466734
The Brooklyn Heights Medical Assistant works as part of a health care team by assisting the physician in providing high quality patient care in a professional, efficient and safe manner. Manage time efficiently for the practice to maintain patient flow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Introduces self to patient while escorting patient into exam room
2. 2. Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure vital signs, weight, and height, as needed.
3. 3. Assist patient and physician throughout the visit
4. 4. Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately
5. 5. Maintains clean patient exam rooms.
6. 6. Assemble and use equipment appropriate to specific medical practice.
7. 7. Prepare instruments for sterilization and dispose of contaminated supplies, as needed.
8. 10. Manages medical inventory and supply ordering based on par levels.
9. 11. Enters patient information into the computer accurately.
10. 12. Manages the physician's desktop accurately and in a timely and efficient manner.
High School graduate, or equivalent
Must complete the competency skill checklist within first 3 months.
Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or equivalent training and experience
Knowledge of electronic medical record or billing systems preferred, but not required
Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural and language-deficit patients
Effective interpersonal and communications skills required
Excellent telephone etiquette
Proficient in medical terminology and HIPAA guidelines
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.