Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
BH Physician Associate
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Brooklyn Heights
Department: B40 - B.H. Urgent Care
Requisition Number: 13-1594958
Under the direct supervision of a physician, the Physician Assistant provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses patient health by interviewing them and obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department
2. Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel.
3. Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and
laboratory studies. Interprets diagnostic test results.
4. Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and
managing wound care and infections.
5. Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and
development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
6. Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists
in provision of continuity of care.
7. Maintains a safe and clean work environment by ensuring compliance with infection-control policies and protocols and other safety procedures and regulations.
8. Provides assistance to physicians during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
9. May prescribe medication.
10. Performs other related duties.
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
New York State Physician Assistant current registration
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
Excellent judgment and discretion
Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures
Current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
Current Infection Control Certificate
DEA from NYS DOH/Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement
AHA approved BLS and ALS
1. Physician Assistant
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.