Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Utilization Review Admission Specialist
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 390 -OR Scheduling Office
Requisition Number: 13-1554020
The Utilization Review Specialist coordinates scheduling of all surgical/endoscopic hospital admissions, pre-admission testing and operating room procedures. Seeks the assistance of the Nurse Manager in identifying cases, which require pre admission screening or have questionable admission criteria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Produces an updated operating room schedule that reflects changes that are a result of calling each surgeon, confirming their surgical reservations.
2. Schedules, cancels, rearranges and updates the OR schedule as necessary. Communicates this information to other areas that assist in facilitating the care of patients at Sinai for surgery.
3. Arranges for call team staff coverage for weekend/holiday emergencies procedures and surgeries.
4. Maintains statistics for surgical volume by accounting actual Operating room records.
5. Maintains a customer friendly environment, assists physicians and/or office staff in arranging admission, pre testing appointments, and operating room time 1.
6. Coordinates scheduling of elective or urgent surgical admissions, preadmission testing and operating room time.
7. Checks credentials system for physician's delineation of privileges for equipment and/or procedures according to medical board guidelines.
8. Verifies scheduled OR procedures with computerized scheduling system for appropriateness of procedures time allocated, equipment conflicts, and physician's privileges.
9. Collects patient's demographic information into the hospital admission system arranging a pre-admission reservation, notifying the necessary care center.
10. Arranges for pre-testing appointment, if required.
11. Acts as resource to physician and/or staff concerning changing hospital policies.
12. Requests pre certification number on required procedures from physicians.
13. Rotates to OR scheduling Productions where the confirmation of all surgical procedures, addition and cancellation to the 24 hour schedule arrangements are made.
14. Performs other duties as required.
High School Diploma/GED - some college preferred.
One year of hospital experience preferred.
Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.