Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Residency Program Assistant
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 852 - Pediatrics
Requisition Number: 14-1619522
The Residency Assistant supports the coordination of all aspects of the residency/fellowship program. Maintains resident/fellow files and provides administrative support to the Residency/Fellowship Program Director and senior staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists with the coordination of the residency/fellowship program ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
2. Maintains the residents' database and paper files to ensure accuracy.
3. Provides administrative support for training programs.
4. Collaborates in the scheduling of graduation activities, conferences, social events, etc.
5. Assists with the preparation of reports for the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), GME Track and applicable specialty boards
6. May prepare reimbursement documents, travel arrangements and order supplies as needed. Handles all correspondence from external facilities regarding verification of residency/fellowship for current and former residents/fellows.
7. May participate in the completion of surveys.
8. Submits timely and complete duty hour reports to the Compliance Office following the institution's compliance plan.
9. Collects and tracks evaluations of the residents, fellows, faculty, and program in compliance with applicable accreditation requirements.
10. Ensures compliance with departmental policies and procedures regarding any house staff moonlighting or other professional activities outside the scope of the program.
11. Maintains and monitors records of resident/fellow attendance for all required educational activities, including conferences and other didactic experiences.
12. Ensures current and complete data for resident procedural experience, including those recorded in ACGME Case Logs and the New Innovations Procedure Logger module.
13. Maintains the residency/fellowship curriculum, including competency-based goals and objectives for each assignment and each level of training.
14. Collects a summative, competency-based evaluation and a list of all rotations completed from the previous program of any resident who transfers into the program, including those who complete one year of preliminary training before entering an advanced residency program. Provides these materials to the new program for any resident who transfers out of Mount Sinai.
15. Develops and maintains program letters of agreement for all required rotations at outside institutions.
16. Communicates conditions of house staff appointment to candidates at or before the time of interview.
17. Prepares for Internal Reviews of the program as directed by the GME Office.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED; Associate's degree preferred
1 year of administrative experience
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.