Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 519 - Inpatient Accounts
Requisition Number: 14-1623794
The Registrar is responsible for the business aspect of the patient's visit to the ambulatory practice. Activities include: registration, insurance verification and notification, updating of financial and demographic information, reception and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Enter or update patient demographics and financial information in computer system.
2. Generate patient's chart and log patient data.
3. Verify Medicaid and other insurance information.
4. Hand out important patient information and documents.
5. Answer telephone and pages appropriate people.
6. Process specimens and accept alert values from lab.
7. Assist with cashiering duties by accepting clinic payments.
8. Deliver and expedites patient charts.
9. Dispatch specimens or documents by pneumatic tube.
10. Stamp all ancillary slips.
11. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
12. All other duties assigned by supervisor.
High School Diploma/GED.
0-1 yr of experience.
Experience performing data entry (patient demographic data) in health care environment preferred.
Ability to interact with patients and caregivers.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.