Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 788 - Surgical Clinic
Requisition Number: 13-1565124
Greets patients and completes standard forms for clinic areas; prepares and types requests for information as required and according to department policy. Performs other duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Completes standard forms based on information secured from patient or guardian, including data from Medicaid or other insurance card, patient chart, MD prescription, and data on specific procedure. Enters patient data into CERNER as appropriate.
2. Secures required signatures as indicated in procedures, and forwards to appropriate agency.
3. Makes follow-up appointments with appropriate clinics.
4. Prepares and types responses to requests for information as governed by department protocols.
5. Maintains chronological log of patients referred for visits, procedures and appliances as applicable.
6. Maintains alphabetical file of applications for public assistance.
7. Responds to telephone inquiries, provides information and/or redirect calls appropriately.
8. Corresponds with public assistance offices on behalf of patient, i.e., liaison with vendor to explain problematic/ expired coverage issues, etc.
High School Diploma/GED.
0-1 yr of experience.
Experience performing data entry (patient demographic data) in health care environment preferred.
Ability to interact with patients and caregivers.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.