Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Offsite Medical Records Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Department: 946 - MS Manhasset Medical Assoc
Requisition Number: 14-1613970
The Medical Records Coordinator performs a variety of clerical duties involved in maintaining patient medical records include filing, retrieving and distributing medical records, loose notes and reports and maintaining associated logs and records in accordance with established priorities and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates and participates in scanning of medical records for off-site practices.
2. Coordinates and participates in purge and inventory' required for storage of charts in off-site location.
3. Compiles and maintains medical records of patients to document condition and treatment and to provide data for research studies.
4. Compiles medical care and census data for statistical reports on diseases treated, surgery performed, and use of hospital beds.
5. Ensures all medical files are complete and includes such documents as dictations, laboratory and pathology reports, operative reports and notes, discharge summaries, copies of insurance cards, demographic information and insurance authorizations.
6. Receives all requests for medical records; sorts requests according to predetermined priorities. Provides routine information of a general nature such as admission or discharge dates and medical record locations to authorized requestors.
7. Prepares and ensures all charts are pulled in advance of request date and prepared for provider use; continually check to ensure add-on information and/or documents are captured.
8. Receives all request for medical records. Assists in the retrieval and copying of medical information from patient medical records to answer authorized requests in support of patient care activities, patient account settlements and third party sponsorship; documents patient records appropriately.
9. Ensures charts are returned and filed at the end of each day.
10. Ensures coverage is provided for the Medical Records area at all times.
11. Responsible for creation and edits of all office forms.
12. Performs other related duties.
High School Diploma or GED
6 months clerical and/or general office experience; knowledge of medical terminology preferred
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.