Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
OFFICE ASSISTANT II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 847 - Pathology
Requisition Number: 13-1580392
Provides entry level support to a manager or supervisor as related to the day to day operations of the office or department. Duties include reception, word processing of necessary documents and forms, data entry, record and file maintenance, mail service, photocopying and other duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages and greets visitors.
2. Opens, sorts and prioritizes mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
3. Schedules and maintains calendar for meetings and/or appointments.
4. Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction.
5. Types and proofreads routine correspondence and documents and performs data entry as needed.
6. Performs other related duties as necessary.
High School Diploma or GED required.
1 year clerical/ secretarial experience required.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Attention to detail and accuracy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.