Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Management Analyst I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 404 - Amb Ops Admininistra
Requisition Number: 13-1575578
The Ambulatory Care Business Analyst will be responsible for the ongoing implementation of the Ambulatory Care front end business processes at The Mount Sinai Hospital. This individual will work with the Ambulatory Care Business Manager and reports to the Senior Director of Operations to assess and analyze process workflows, perform training implementations to improve processes, and measure workflow redesigns for the ambulatory care practices. The Business Analyst will experience daily interactions with the Ambulatory Care Senior Director, Senior Vice President of Hospital Operations, practice managers, staff members, physicians, medical staff, and patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares suggested reports for Ambulatory Care Managers and Hospital Executives to synthesize analytical results and highlight implications of findings
a. Weekly Billing WIP
b. Denial reports
c. Monthly QARR reports
2. Responsible for credentialing Ambulatory Care providers in accepted insurance plans
3. Assists with grant applications
4. Oversees per diem pool
5. Assists in implementations for approved workflow redesigns
6. Executes independent and analytical analysis for workflow redesigns
7. Evaluates and communicates design issues or additional areas of opportunity to the Ambulatory Care leadership team
8. Executes redesign analysis with minimal supervision; able to work with practice/department staff independently
9. Contributes to capital selection process to ensure that purchases support operations and growth
10. Identifies new revenue opportunities and shares recommendations with Senior Director of Operations
11. Analyzes and monitors clinical supply spend and usage to assist in maintaining appropriate par levels
12. Updates monthly metrics and reports trends / findings to Senior Director of Operations
13. Assists Practice Managers as needed on reconciling their weekly Billing WIP
14. Implements communication plans, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the Ambulatory Care front end business processes
15. Designs and/or maintains files, tracking documents, status reports, and training materials
16. Works with Patient Financial Services, hospital system groups, and the practice areas to analyze financial and operational issues
17. Works with Practice Managers and Clinical Nurse Managers to monitor front end productivity of clinical and non-clinical staff and ensure appropriate level of FTEs
18. Develops and implements ongoing solutions in order to improve the stability of the Ambulatory Care Division
19. Demonstrates positive interactions and interpersonal relations when interacting with employees, supervisors, practice managers, staff, and the general public
20. Ensures completion of project assignments according to deadlines
21. Performs other related duties.
Bachelors' degree in Business Administration or related field required, Master's Degree preferred.
A minimum of three years experience in Management or other related field, OR two years experience with a Master's degree.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.