Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Fpa Practice Manager
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 822 - Preventive Medicine
Requisition Number: 13-1566084
The Seliko Centers for Occupational Health requires a practice manager to oversee the clinical
center's operations at it three clinical center locations. This is a new position created to oversee
operations of all clinical services provided for these centers.
The Faculty Practice Administration (FPA) Manager provides operational and administrative support to FPA physicians and practice administrators regarding policies and procedures, billing related training, contractual relationships with managed care organizations, capital procurement and space allocation. Serves as a liaison with all levels of Mount Sinai Medical Center to ensure efficient delivery of non-financial services to practices of participating physicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates planning, training and implementation of conversion of new practices to the FPA billing system. Works with Executive Director, Director of Fiscal Affairs and practice administrators to develop and prepares the billing implementation plan.
2. Establishes practice site procedures to ensure the efficient flow input data and FPA billing.
3. Develops and supervises the preparation and implementation of new uniform training programs for FPA billing activities and performance measurement.
4. Serves as liaison and communicates to FPA Administrators, physicians and other FPA to modify third party reimbursement and proposes modifications in service delivery arrangement.
5. Plans and coordinates capital equipment procurement for practices. Ensures that all necessary support services are provided. Coordinates FPA space allocation in the building.
6. Serves as liaison to all levels of the Medical Center and School including department heads and chairmen to ensure that non-financial services are provided and outstanding issues are resolved.
7. Serves as member of FPA Ad Hoc Physician Advisory Committee and FPA Space Committee.
8. Coordinates planning and implementation of FPA contractual relationships with managed care organization.
9. Reviews and evaluates manual and computerized practice office support system such as scheduling, telephone answering, dictation, medical records, etc.
10. Performs other related duties.
Degree in Business Administration or related field
Masters Degree preferred
5 years medical insurance experience including medical office administration, benefit verification Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.