Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Financial Manager I
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 845 - Orthopedics
Requisition Number: 13-1570868
The Financial Manager I has oversight of all financial and related activities for a large and complex institute, department, center or unit. Manages departmental financial office; performs analyses to identify revenue collection problems and other trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Responsible for overall management and delivery of the business plan. Financial analysis and creation of reports as requested by department administrator or chairman as applicable.
2. 2. Ensures that the day-to-day financial operations of the department, center or unit, including payroll, month-end reporting, accounts payable activities are handled.
3. 3. Develops business plans for new academic hires, if applicable to department and position.
4. 4. Prepares salary and supply budgets and monitors accounts payable and receivable.
5. 5. Compiles productivity, compliance and profit/loss reports.
6. 6. Analyzes revenues to identify collection problems, billing issues and other trends.
7. 7. May be well versed and take a proactive role in the revenue cycle, which includes all administrative and clinical functions that contribute to the capture, management and collection of patient service revenue, including overseeing those who may counsel patients on how best to meet their financial obligations.
8. 8. Reviews all departmental accounts as applicable, which may include private and government agencies grants management
9. 9. Reviews processes and makes recommendations to implement effective changes in procedures and policies.
10. 10. Ensures all grant and IRB submission deadlines are met.
11. 11. Oversees Administrator Assistants, Coordinators, Financial Specialists and other support staff depending on department.
12. 12. Approves all travel, check and purchase order requests; initiates Human Resources transactions and follows up.
13. 13. Assists with special projects and provides analytical support.
14. 14. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
5 years of directly related experience
Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Familiarity with compiling financial reports reflecting financial status and operating procedures of organizations.
Very good written and oral communication skills
Attention to detail
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.