Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Data Entry Specialist II
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 250 - Infection Control
Requisition Number: 13-1572220
Receives, collects, reviews and enters data into a computer system or tracking database. Ensures accuracy of all data recorded and verifies that the information is complete. May provide basic reports and be a resource for other staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Read source documents and enter data in specific data fields accurately.
2. Collect, compile, sort and verify the data's accuracy or completeness before it is entered.
3. May perform data integrity tasks by locating and correcting data entry errors, or reporting them to supervisors.
4. May scan or upload documents.
5. Perform routine office/lab duties, such as answering phones and maintaining supplies.
6. May maintain logs of activities and completed work. File completed documents in appropriate locations or distribute them.
7. May provide data lists, spreadsheets and reports.
8. May create or modify data bases according to the needs of the department.
9. Provides direction or assistance to users of information regarding data requirements and status of paperwork. May train other data entry employees.
10. Performs other related duties.
Associates degree/Bachelor's Degree preferred
Two years of relevant experience preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.