Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Communications And Marketing Manager
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 865 - Developmental and Regenerative Biology
Requisition Number: 14-1618608
The Communications and Marketing Manager designs and implements a communications strategy to enhance the business opportunities and increase visibility for a department or program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1) Designs, implements and manages communications and marketing efforts for a department or large program
2. 2) Develops long-term and short-term communications and marketing objectives, strategies and production timelines
3. 3) Evaluates and analyzes existing strategies and creates new strategies to support business objectives
4. 4) Manages a Marketing team and oversees the development of printed material, press releases, and digital media.
5. 5) Works with Senior Leadership to identify and develop potential news stories.
6. 6) Adheres to Corporate Marketing procedures and style guides and may develop standardized internal policies and procedures.
7. 7) Writes, edits, and proofreads content as needed.
8. 8) Develops layouts and designs, working with vendors and internal services to publish, print and distribute materials.
9. 9) Oversees the review of all purchase orders, contract terms and conditions, pricing and proposal preparation and submission. Oversees the administration of contracts in accordance with the institution's procurements regulations and policies to ensure compliance.
10. 10) Manages marketing budgets within the department
11. 11) Performs staff management functions including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, and disciplinary action.
12. 12) Performs other duties as required
Master's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or related field
8 years marketing experience including 2 years of management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.