Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Business Associate A
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Department: 730 - GP2 Surg Registratn
Requisition Number: 14-1635578
Responsible for the business aspects of a patient's stay, as well as patient focused care within the Medical Center. Duties include: maintaining census data, scheduling tests and medical procedures, receiving and maintaining inventory and other duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Pre-admits patients to the Medical Center, including taking reservations, obtaining demographic, insurance and other pertinent data, discussing state mandatory regulations, and in general what is to be expected upon admission.
2. Admits patients to the Medical Center, including verifying demographic and insurance information, signing of forms, collecting deposits and obtaining authorizations as necessary.
3. Functions as liaison to insurance companies and the Medicaid Eligibility Office, including screening requests for medical necessity, obtaining prior authorizations when required, pre-certifying admissions, and assisting in document collection.
4. Maintains census and charge data, updating all prevailing systems and compiling information for charge capture.
5. Schedules appropriate tests and medical procedures and follow-up appointments.
6. Assists in chart completion process by maintaining and discharging charts in proper order, compiling deficiency data and working with physicians to complete charts.
7. Greets visitors and answers telephones promptly and courteously. Accompanies visitors to appropriate areas as necessary.
8. Assists patients with guest services such as television and telephone service, securing valuables, etc. Provides information and makes referrals as appropriate.
9. Receives and maintains business office inventory for the care center.
10. Answers call system and refers to appropriate staff.
11. Other duties as assigned, including reporting/following up on lost/found patient property, review of death certificates for completion and accuracy, generation of reports, etc.
High School Diploma/GED; Preferred: Associate
Minimum Required Education: High School/GED
* Proven data entry and computer skills required
* Medical data base experience (i.e. Cerner, IDX, Eagle)
* Clerical skills (answering phones, relaying messages, reception, correspondence etc)
* Proven customer service experience in a healthcare environment
* Previous experience with insurance pre-certifications and discharging patients
At least 1 year previous related work experience
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.