Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Brooklyn Heights Lobby Attendant
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Brooklyn Heights
Department: B00 - B.H. Overhead
Requisition Number: 12-1469856
The Brooklyn Heights Lobby Attendant is responsible for monitoring lobby activities, duties may include but not limited to: Opening and closing the building, Handling fire and burglary alarm systems, Monitoring vendor, patients /visitor access, responds to emergencies and Facilities' service requests as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Meets daily with maintenance technician to discuss special needs, problems, and assignments.
2. Retrieves housekeeping work orders and delivers them to the housekeeping supervisor, closes all work orders after completion.
3. Maintains a neat appearance of the lobby (furniture, mats, artwork and waiting areas, etc).
4. Assist with monitoring general cleaning tasks. Ensures floors, walls and other building areas are free from dirt, dust, and other debris. Ensures outside trash containers are emptied, reports all housekeeping needs to night cleaning supervisor.
5. Upon request, escort patients and staff to parking lot, assist patients with wheelchair retrievals, elevator doors, and provide information in general.
6. Patrols interior /exterior areas watches for and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, damage property, etc.
7. Responds to fire and burglar alarms according to established guidelines.
8. Performs periodic checks of all mechanical and supplemental a/c units to ensure proper functioning; reports malfunctions as required.
9. Replaces light bulbs in public corridor areas as required.
10. Assist in regulating heating and cooling set points in accordance to established guidelines.
11. During inclement weather, assists with outside maintenance tasks such as shoveling and sanding.
12. Write reports concerning equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
13. Opens/closes the building as per established guidelines.
14. Maintains regular schedule and communicates any temporary changes to Facilities Manager.
15. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent
Bilingual Spanish/English (desired)
1-2 Years Experience in Housekeeping / building maintenance related experience (preferably in a health Care setting)
* Basic knowledge or the ability to learn within six weeks of hire about essential building systems: Fire Alarm System, HVAC controls system, Building, Surveillance systems, etc.
* Familiar with main plumbing valve shut offs, Main Electrical panel breaker resets and Elevator systems resets.
* Knowledge of common safety codes, hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
* Knowledge of housekeeping functions and standards, including safety and sanitation.
* Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment.
* Knowledge of common safety hazards to identify potential safety problems.
* Skill in operating housekeeping equipment and machines
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and patients and public.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.