Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: The Mount Sinai Hospital
Department: 813 - Anesthesiology
Requisition Number: 13-1562646
This position assists in the coordination of administrative and office service activities such as purchasing, payroll, records control and human resources for the head of a department, care center or division. Typically reports to a division head, vice president or higher-level executive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answers routine and specific inquiries when possible. Directs inquiries, when necessary, to the appropriate department or individual for further information and/or resolution.
2. Assists in maintaining and monitoring the budget and grant allocations. Prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval.
3. Initiates and follows through on human resources and payroll transactions. Generates weekly payroll submission. Maintains liaison with human resources and payroll to coordinate and resolve issues and problems.
4. Ensures adequate restock of supplies for department. Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished. Requisitions merchandise from supplier and collaborates with Purchasing to secure the best pricing for
5. equipment and supplies. Tracks expiration of vendors' contracts and renews as needed.
6. Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assist in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes.
7. Develops, updates and/or revises informational flyers, brochures, leaflets and mailings.
8. Researches, locates and compiles information for reports. Assembles and categorizes figures for computation and calculations. Prepares statistical reports.
9. Checks materials submitted for supervisor's attention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent information are included.
10. May assist supervisor with the completion of grant applications, special projects and JCAHO and other survey preparations.
11. Mentors, trains and/or conducts orientation for new office support staff and monitors performance.
12. Coordinates administrative, secretarial and/or general office support coverage.
13. Assigns work, sets deadlines and supervises the work of assigned staff.
14. Performs other related duties.
BachelorA¢s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education. i.e. HS/GED diploma plus seven years of experience.
5 years related administrative or business experience required. Some supervisory experience preferred.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.