Interested in this position? Send this job link to your e-mail account and apply from your tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Administrative Assistant II
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 851 - Geriatrics/Adult Dev
Requisition Number: 14-1621452
This position provides a wide variety of administrative support services including budget preparation and control activities, preparation and control of records, statistics and reports regarding operations and personnel matters. May serve as administrative liaison with others related to purchasing, human resources, facilities and operations. Typically reports to a division head.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Researches, locates and compiles information for reports. Assembles and categorizes figures for computation and calculations. Prepares statistical reports.
2. Prepares and monitors budgets and grant allocations, and maintains accruals. Prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval.
3. Maintains departmental employee files, and ensures compliance with regulatory standards. Initiates and follows through on human resources and payroll transactions. Generates weekly payroll submission. Maintains liaison with human resources and payroll to coordinate and resolve issues and problems
4. Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assist in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes.
5. Investigates, evaluates and resolves typical administrative or operational problems or situations affecting the work unit.
6. Ensures adequate restock of supplies for department. Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished. Requisitions merchandise from supplier and collaborates with Purchasing to secure the best pricing for equipment and supplies. Tracks expiration of vendors' contracts and renews as needed.
7. Checks materials submitted for supervisor's attention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent information are included.
8. Serves as a liaison with other departments or external parties to as necessary to accomplish objectives and or complete projects or assignments.
9. May participate in the completion of grant applications, special projects and JCAHO and other survey preparations.
10. May make travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports.
11. May screen and prioritize incoming mail for needed action and follow up. Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
12. May screen telephone calls, answer inquiries or direct caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/or resolution.
13. May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor's visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission
14. Performs other related duties.
Associate's degree or equivalent combination of experience; Bachelor's preferred
Knowledge of office and administrative practices
Knowledge and skill in accounting and budgeting techniques
Skill in use of personal computers and software
5 years related administrative or business experience
Required Competencies include:
Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Applies Learning: Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Builds Strategic Work Relationships: Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Contributes to Team Success: Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
Manages Work (includes Time Management: Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds. Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.