Preparing for Childbirth
At Mount Sinai Health System, we provide many locations and services for women who are going to give birth. All of these options offer access to world-class doctors and state-of-the-art technology to make your birthing process as comfortable as possible.
Mount Sinai will continuously track your health in all stages of your pregnancy and offer our guidance should you need to make any changes in your delivery and labor plans.
Our Childbirth Education courses address your questions relating to pregnancy, labor and delivery, and child care for your newborn. Some of the additional topics we discuss include:
- Cesarean birth
- Premature birth
- Breathing and relaxation techniques for maintaining control during labor and delivery
- Analgesia and anesthesia medications used during birth
- Maternity facilities
- Audio/visual aids to allow for a calm birthing process
Prior to giving birth, you will need to fill out documents to make your registration as seamless as possible. We do all pre-admission prior to your delivery.
Depending on where you give birth, you will need to fill out certain documents:
Delivering Your Baby: Questions & Answers
We understand being able to plan ahead is a high priority for our expectant parents. Therefore, we encourage you to review a list of commonly asked questions and answers about delivering your baby at The Mount Sinai Hospital. For further information, e-mail email@example.com.
General Class Information
- The mother-to-be should be accompanied by the individual who will be her support person during labor and delivery.
- Both mother-to-be and support person should attend all classes. Please wear comfortable clothes to class.
- All childbirth classes are taught by certified Childbirth Educators and Lactation Consultants.