Mount Sinai maintains a network of affiliations, alliances, and partnerships with governing bodies, schools, religious institutions, social agencies, Chambers of Commerce, and, of course, our neighbors themselves. Our common mission is to increase access to quality care for medically underserved populations.
Mount Sinai hosts a monthly Community Roundtable to keep its pulse on the needs of East and Central Harlem communities. Approximately 80 community leaders, educators, elected officials, and Community Advisory Board members attend these meetings.
The Mount Sinai Health System representatives participate actively in monthly/quarterly meetings with the following organizations in its continuing efforts to address health care needs of the community.
- Abyssinian Development Corporation
- Boriken Neighborhood Health Center
- Bronx Aids Services
- Children's Aid Society
- Community Board No. 11 – Manhattan, Health & Human Services Committee
- East Harlem Chamber of Commerce
- East Harlem HIV Care Network
- East Harlem Partnership for Cancer
- Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce
- Little Sisters of the Assumption Family Health Services
- New York Academy of Medicine
- New York City Housing Authority – Carver Houses Tenants Association and Johnson Tenants Association
- Jewish Home and Hospital
- Settlement Health Association
- Union Settlement Association
- Yorkville Common Pantry
If you or someone you know has been hurt by sexual or domestic violence, the Mount Sinai Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention (SAVI) program offers free and confidential counseling, referrals and support.Learn more